Yellow book Registration

@ What is a tabien baan or Thai house book?
Tabien baan or Thai house book is the official local government issued house or apartment address and resident registration booklet. It is an administrative document issued by the local municipality (amphur). The persons having their domicile or legal residence at the house or condo unit are registered in the house book.

- Contrary to what is often assumed by foreigners this document has nothing to do with ownership of a house or condo and cannot be used as proof of ownership. It is a booklet issued by the local municipality (not the land department) that belongs to the official address registration papers of a home or condo and its practical use is that it registers and proves a persons place of legal residence (official domicile). A house book could state the name of the owner but in the case of a foreign non-resident owner not (unless he has official residency in Thailand).

@Thailand has 2 types of house books (with a blue or yellow cover):

1_The blue tabien baan or blue house book (Thor.Ror.14) for Thai nationals.
2_The yellow tabien baan or yellow house book (Thor.Ror.13) for foreigners.

- As a house book proves a person's domicile it is asked in official registration procedures such as the transfer of ownership of a car or real estate, opening a bank account or when applying for a new electricity or telephone line connection and gives for example Thais the right to vote in a district. As foreigners are usually not registered in a Thai house book foreigners with a non-immigrant visa can where proof of address is required alternatively show a letter of residence issued by the local immigration office, or when he is the owner a condominium unit title deed in combination with the (empty) blue tabien baan and his passport.
In case of a foreigner owns a house (separate from the land) or condominium the blue house book is usually empty, unless he has Thai nationals living with him who have their permanent home at this address.sample cover tabien baan.

@ House book application
A house book can be issued for a house, condominium apartment (whether registered under the Condominium Act or not). The official house book for Thais is the blue book and for foreigners residents a yellow book. A blue book is standard issued but in case of a foreigner it can be exchanged for a yellow book if the foreigner meets specific criteria. The documents required for the exchange of a blue book of a completed house or condominium for a yellow book could, besides the application form, could include :

(the list below is a sample list of documents that could be required in the application of a yellow book, but note that each amphur district office has their own requirements therefore always check with them first what documents they require)

1. You should have non-immigrant visa.
2. Copy passport with (official) translation.
3. Work permit
4. Marriage certificate
5. Apartment unit title deed (condo unit)
6. Documents relating to the land and right to use and possess the land (consent land owner)
the official land office sale of a structure document building permit.

The blue or yellow tabien baan is not an important document for foreigners and most foreigners owning a condominium or a house (separate from the land) will have a (empty) blue house registration book and not a yellow book. The legal value for foreigners is very limited and generally there is no need or requirement to exchange a blue tabien baan for a yellow tabien baan. A yellow book does not confer any additional rights. However, foreigners married to a Thai national living in Thailand should have their name in the house book of the marital home. For Thais a house book's primary function is that it states his or her place of legal residence (permanent home).


@ Benefits of the Yellow House Registration Book

- Adding a name to the yellow house registration book for foreigners "Thor Ror Ror 13, what do you need to know? And what documents do you need to prepare?”

Normally, Thai people are familiar with the blue house registration book, or Thor Ror 14, but did you know that there is another type of house registration, Thor Ror 13, or the yellow one? The difference is that the blue book is for Thai nationals. Yellow book section for foreigners This article will collect the importance of the yellow house registration book.

Benefits of the Yellow House Registration Book:

Why is the yellow house registration book or Thor Ror Ror 13 there? Of course, this document has many benefits. Definitely worth the time spent doing it. Foreigners whose names are listed in the Thai house registration will have the right to do legal acts in Thailand, such as obtaining a driver's license, making various contract documents, applying for PR or applying for citizenship. and used to confirm residence in Thailand In addition, it can also help to make documents for a foreigner ID card or pink card easily.


Even if it's a foreigner who has entered the country legally But maybe not everyone will be able to apply for Tor Ror 13 because of the qualifications that are specified in 2 main cases as follows

1. In case of marriage to a person of Thai nationality.

2. In the case of purchasing real estate and owning the name

In addition to these two cases If wanting to apply for a yellow book house registration or Thor Ror. 13, the host must show his intention to proceed with the district or district. And must pass an interview with the staff on the reasons necessary to request this document. In case the landlord or landlord wishes to request this document to a foreign tenant or friend or business partner, this can also be done. You can contact the district or district where the house registration exists for details and a list of required documents.


@ Documents that must be prepared for applying for Tor.Ror.13

1. For foreigners married to Thai nationals Let both the host and the foreigner prepare the following documents.

- Original passport

- A copy of the passport certified by the embassy and translated into Thai and certified by the Thai consulate.

- Work permit in Thailand (in case of working in Thailand)

- Marriage certificate

- Child's birth certificate (in case of having a child)

- 2 Pics of 1.5-inch photographs

- The owner's original ID card

- Spouse's original ID card

- House registration, original version of the host

- Copy of house registration (prepare for)

** Thai spouses must be in the same house registration only.

** In addition, 2 witnesses are required and don't forget to let the witness prepare their ID card (in case of marriage, 2 witnesses can be hosts and spouses).

2. For foreigners who buy real estate and have their own name as the owner Prepare the following documents

- original passport

- A copy of the passport certified by the embassy and translated into Thai and certified by the Thai consulate.

- Work permit in Thailand (in case of working in Thailand)

- Thor Ror 14 Thai version

- Real estate sale and purchase agreement with documents confirming ownership

- Two 1.5-inch photographs

** In addition, there must be 2 witnesses and don't forget to let the witness prepare their ID card.

Note: The documents for submitting a yellow book for house registration are different in each district and district. Some districts may require additional documents. Therefore, it is advisable to call to inquire with the district office or district office who wants to add their name to the house registration before traveling to submit documents.



Visitors: 397,075