* Step by Step to get Retirement Visa
Retirement Visa Step by Step Guidance
How to Obtain a Retirement Visa in Thailand:
STEP 1: OBTAIN A NON-IMMIGRANT VISA Requirements:
1) Passport (at least one year remaining before expiration).
2) You must be holding nationality or permanent residence of the country of application.
3) Proof of Funds.
STEP 2: OBTAIN A ONE-YEAR RETIREMENT VISA Requirements:
1) Must be 50 years old and above.
2) Passport (signed copies of each page).
3) Non-Immigrant Visa.
4) Departure Card TM.6.
5) Proof of meeting Financial Requirements.
6) Thai Bank Book (original)
7) Letter from your Thai Bank
8) Three(3) 4×5 cm photos, with full face taken
STEP 3: OBTAINING A RE-ENTRY PERMIT
- Most people misunderstand the different concepts of “Extension of Stay” and “Re-entry Permit”. Sometimes mistaken for each other, you must understand that these are two different things, both of which you would need during your stay.
-The Extension of Stay is simply the controlling date. Everything else is dependent on this. Everything is invalidated when your Extension of Stay expires. On the other hand, the Re-entry Permit’s validity is subject to the validity of your Extension of Stay. However, leaving Thailand without a re-entry permit automatically invalidates your extension of stay.
STEP 4: REPORTING YOUR STAY EVERY 90 DAYS and VISA EXPIRATION
- You are required to report to the Immigration Police every 90 days if you are on a long term extension of stay. Persons holding a multiple entry visa will simply depart Thailand and renew their extension of stay after each 90 day entry.
-If you cannot obtain your extension inside Thailand, you will have to get a new non-immigrant visa from a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad.
@ Meeting the Financial Requirements for a Retirement Visa:
Financial Requirements are as follows:
1) Bank Account showing THB 800,000 or
2) Monthly income of at least THB 65,000 or
3) Combination (Bank Account + Income x 12 = THB 800,000)
RESTRICTIONS ON RETIREMENT VISA
The retirement once approved allows you to stay in Thailand for one year. You are not allowed to have employment while on this type of visa. Also you must report to Immigration every 90 days to verify your current address.