@ Thai child support/วีซ่าดูแลบุตร

What is  NON IMMIGRANT “O” – GUARDIAN VISA / Thai child support ?

-The Guardian visa is for the parent of Thai child or the parent/s or legal guardian of a foreign child who is studying in Thailand. Minor child in Thai law is one who is 20 years old and below.

- In the case of a foreigner parent supporting his/her Thai child, the visa is valid for a year but can be   renewed after the visa’s expiration.

- For the parent accompanying her minor child who is studying in Thailand, his/her Guardian visa will depend   on the validity of her child’s student visa or duration of the child’s studies.

- The Guardian visa can be applied for at the visa applicant’s home country at the Thai embassy or    consulate there or it can also be arranged at the Thai Immigration Office inside the Kingdom.

@ What are the requirements?

    - The applicant has to be established the following:

       * Birth certificate of the child as a proof of relationship to the child.

       * Admission Letter and Enrollment Form as proof of the child’s enrollment in a school in Thailand

       * Deposit of THB 500,000 in a Thai bank account so you would have to set up your Thai bank account.

@ Visa application process :

    - An initial visa can be obtained from the applicant’s home country from the Thai embassy. This visa is usually valid for 90 days. This can be done simultaneously when the child studying in Thailand applies for his/her pre-student visa.

    - Along with the student visa of the child, the initial visa can be extended into a Guardian visa 21 days before its expiration  and once all the requirements have been met. This is done at the Thai Immigration office.

@ 90-Day notice or report :

     - Guardian visa just like long term visas in Thailand are subject to 90-day report. This means holders of Guardian visas should report their residence address to the Immigration Office every 90 days. Failure to follow this rule results in a fine of  2,000 Baht. The 90-day report can be done by post 7 days  before  the due date or in person 7 days before or after the due date. If you are not in Thailand, however, when  our 90-day report is due, you are not obliged to report your address.


Visitors: 414,458