* Residence Certificate / หนังสือรับรองถิ่นที่พักอาศัยในประเทศไทย

A residence certificate is a document made by immigration to certify where a foreigner lives. That document can be used for many things: getting a Thai driver's license buying a car, getting a bank account. Any place that will request a proof of where you live. Embassies can also require that document to show that you live in Thailand.

Thai people use their Ta Bian Ban (house registration book) but most foreigners in Thailand do not have that. This is why this document can be useful for you. Some people getting a pension abroad also use this document, depending which country they are from. In some countries, they must get a notarized documents.

@ First, you must fill the form. This can be obtain directly at the immigration office.

@ Second, you must also give other documents. These can be:


1. Your passport (make 2 copies of each the following):

     a) frontpage

     b) page of your current visa

     c) page of your entrance in Thailand and

    d) your arrival card


2. Two pictures, passport size.

3. And also 2 copies of a proof of residence, like a lease agreement, or your work permit, or anything showing     where you live. Bring the original in case they ask for it.

You will have to sign EACH copy, preferably with a blue pen. A photocopier is available just beside the immigration office.

Visitors: 397,104