* Visa Extension Service / ต่ออายุวีซ่า
Visa Rules :Since 16th July 2016, info is up to date.
Tourist arriving via an international airport will usually be given a 30 day visa exempt stamp, however travelers using OUT/IN method to extend stay might be questioned after 4-6 visa exempt entries. There is no specific period given and there is no rule on how many visa exempt will be issued for one person.
An old rule “90days in a 180days period” has been canceled many years ago.
A valid Tourist Visa allow 60 day stay and a valid Non Immigrant Visa allow 90 day.
1. Tourist Visa Waiver (visa exemption), no visa required prior to commencing travel to Thailand.
1.1) Countries which get 90 days: Brazil, Chile, Peru, South Korea (not possible to enter via any Land border), Argentina.
1.2) G7 Countries get 30 days: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, USA and United Kingdom.
1.3) Bilateral Agreement, Countries get 30 days: Hong Kong, Macau, Mongolia, Russia and Vietnam.
1.4) Countries which get 30 days at Airport and 15 day stamp at land border: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brunei, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Oman,Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Slovak, Slovenia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden,Switzerland, Turkey and UAE.
2. Countries which get Visa on Arrival at certain ports of entry in Thailand, however it is NOT possible to obtain Visa on Arrival to enter Thailand via any Thai/Cambodian Checkpoints: Andorra, Bh Butan,Bulgaria,China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
3. Other country’s passport holders must obtain Visa from a Thai diplomatic post abroad prior to commencing travel to Thailand.
@ General info and things to consider: We strongly recommend you to copy or record with your camera, upon entry into Thailand, following pages and keep the copies separate: Passport, latest Visa, latest Entry stamp and latest TM Card (Embarkation Card).
@ Apply for visa extensions at the Immigration Office in Soi 7 off Chaeng Watana Road from Monday to Friday, http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html or at your local Immigration Office.
@ Re-entry permits are available at Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Muang International Airport, departure hall. After check in, but before you pass Security. Operating times 05:00 to 24:00.
@ A 60 day Tourist Visa (every entry) and, since 29.8.2014, also the 30/15 days visa exempt stamp, will be extended for 30days at Thai Immigration, THB 1,900.-. However some countries, example India will get 7day extension only.
# Requirements for a Non Immigrant Visa “B”, Documents required are :
1. Recommendation letter addressed to the Royal Embassy Vientiane/Laos (stating about the employment and visa application) and accompanied with the certified copy of the ID of the endorser(s)
2. Employment contract
3. Form of the Employment Certification
4. Approval Letter from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare of Thailand or Copy of the current work permit .
5. Copy of corporate documents, namely; – company registration certificate – list of company shareholders – memorandum of company’s regulation – latest income tax statement – latest registration of value added tax.
# For applicant who wishes to work for an academic institute; as full or part-time teacher, tutor or teaching, assistant, documents required are;
1. Official letter from the Ministry of Education of Thailand, or other sub-authorities concerned, approving the employment of foreign academic personnel.
2. Recommendation letter addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy Vientiane/Laos . (stating about the employment and visa application) and accompanied with the certified copy of the ID of the endorser.
3. Employment contract
4. Form of the Employment Certification.
5. Copy of registration certificate of the concerned academic institute .
6. Copy of applicant’s academic certificate/record.
7. Copy of the recent police clearance from Royal Thai Police Headquarter only.
8. Copy of the previous/current work permit (if any).
*** In the event that you hold a extension of stay based on a Non B with work permit and you resign or it expires, you must cancel the visa timely at Thai Immigration. It is not necessary to return the Work Permit anymore,however the company must issue a letter confirming the last day of employment. There is no “7-day grace period” anymore , however Thai Immigration will offer you a 7 day extension of stay but you have to pay THB 1,900.-.
*** Overstay charges are THB 500.-/day – up to a maximum fine of THB 20,000.-.
*** Black Listing started 20th March 2016, age 18 years up tp://bangkok.immigration.go.th/popup_anounce.html, Children below 15 years of age will no pay overstay. Children between 15 and 18 years of age will be charged for overstay, but not Black listed.
For further information visit: http://www.mfa.go.th
- AccordAccording to Thai Immigration Rules and Regulations, there are several types of visa that a foreigner canchoose from depending on his qualifications and purpose of their stay...
- @ Retirement Visa in Thailand What you need to know about the “Thai Retirement Visa” A retirement visa as it is commonly known doesn’t really exist. Instead it ...
- @ What is NON IMMIGRANT “O” – GUARDIAN VISA ? -The Guardian visa is for the parent of Thai child or the parent/s or legal guardian of a foreign child who is stud...
- @ Marriage Visa to Thailand Things you need to know about the Thai marriage visa: 1) Thailand marriage visa is the popular term for "1-Year Extension of Stay Based on Marriage". 2)...
- What is a Thai Education Visa (ED visa)?A Thai Education Visa is a special permit that allows you to remain in Thailand for educational purposes for aperiod of at least four to six...
- Thai Permanent ResidencyResiding in ThailandA lot of people want to stay permanently in Thailand as it is one of the most sought-after destinations in South East Asia offering a lo...
- Non-Immigrant Visa "B" (for Business and Work)1. Visa Issuance1.1) Foreigners who wish to work, conduct business or undertake investment activities in Thailand must apply for a Non...
- ใบอนุญาตทำงานในประเทศไทย ผู้ที่ไม่ได้มีสัญชาติไทยหากต้องการจะทำงานในประเทศไทยต้องได้ใบอนุญาตทำงานใน ประเทศไทยก่อนที่จะเริ่มทำงานในราชอาณาจักร แหล่งที่มาหลักของกฎหมายสำหรับปัญ...
- Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days Procedure and notification ; 1) The foreigner makes the notification in person, or 2) The foreigner authorises another person to...
- Did you know that, in some cases, you can leave Thailand and come back on the same Thai visa? A Thai re-entry permit is a convenient (but necessary)stamp that allows current Thai v...
- A residence certificateis a document made by immigration to certify where a foreigner lives. That document can be used for many things: getting a Thai driver's license buying a car...