@ Change Type of Visa / เปลี่ยนประเภทวีซ่า

According to Thai Immigration Rules and Regulations, there are several types of visa that a foreigner can choose from depending on his qualifications and purpose of their stay in the country.
Thai visas can be classified as:
1. Visa On Arrival
This “30 day stamp”, also known as “Visa Exemption Scheme”, is not a visa; it is actually an exemption
scheme to allow a foreigner of certain nationality to stay in the Kingdom without having to obtain a visa at the 
Thai embassy or Consulate before his departure to the country. This stamp is valid for 30 days and it’s
stamped at the qualified foreigner’s passport at the passport control booth at the airport.
2. Tourist Visa (TR):
This type of visa is for a foreigner to be allowed to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand as a tourist for a period 
that is not longer than 90 days. You can apply for this Tourist Visa at the Thai Embassy of your current 
residence. Mostly, the Thai Embassy will grant you a Tourist Visa with a maximum period of 60 days. 
However, once you are already in Thailand and wish to stay longer, you can get an extension for another
period of 30 days at a Thai Immigration Office.
  ***** Moreover, this type of visa can be converted to another type of long term Non-immigrant Visa, except                 Non-immigrant B Visa.
3. Retirement Visa (Non Immigrant “O-A”):
This type of visa is good for a foreigner who wishes to enjoy their retirement in the Kingdom. You can get this
Retirement Visa by submitting an application at the Thai Embassy of your current residence or at a Thai 
Immigration Office if you arrived in Thailand with a Tourist Visa. However,
****** Please be advised that retirement visa holders are not allowed to work or generate any income inside                  the Kingdom of Thailand.
4. Marriage Visa ( Non Immigrant “O”):
This type of visa is granted to a foreigner who is legally married to a Thai citizen. However, in order to be 
qualified for this type of visa, that foreigner must be able to provide proof of financial capability. Just like the
Retirement Visa, you may get this Marriage Visa form Thai Embassy of your current residence or a Thai 
Immigration Office in the Kingdom of Thailand.
**** The holder of this type of visa is eligible to apply for a work permit when they are hired by a Thai company.
5. Business visa ( Non Immigrant “B”):
A foreigner who is hired by a Thai Company or has their own business in the Kingdom of Thailand may obtain 
a Business Visa by submitting required documents to Thai Embassy of their current residence or the nearby 
countries. Once they have entered into the Kingdom, a work permit must be obtained to go along with the visa
in order for them to be legally working in the Kingdom of Thailand.
Apart from the aforementioned types of visa, they are several more types of visa that you may apply for, 
depending on, as aforesaid, your intention of stay and qualifications such as Educational Visa (Non-ED),
Dependant Visa, Visa for Specialist, etc.
Sucess Visa is well practiced in this area and can provide you with the best strategy and solution for your Thai Visa acquisition. Please feel free to contact us for additional information or assistance you may require.
Our consultation is free-of-charge and we are more than happy to assist you.
Visitors: 397,104